How to: Clear your iPhone's Facebook app cache without uninstalling theapp

Apple Inc. created their phones or tablets, which is the iPhone or iPad, as a gadget that has a fixed internal memory that cannot be upgraded unlike Android devices. For me, I love iPhone's speed performance. I'm currently using iPhone 5s and I don't have issues for the 2 and a half years of using it besides the issue about the internal memory because I only have 16 GB to store music, photos and applications. I'm not really into storing bunch of musics and movies in my phone. I'm using my phone mostly for social media applications such as Facebook and Instagram, but I have a lot of photos stored since I'm creating arts & crafts and only have a little time sorting and organizing my gallery in my Google Photos. I also love playing mobile games, and as time goes by, interesting software applications are already available in the App store that will eat a huge amount of space in your phone like the Sims Freeplay, ShowTime - Sing & Dance Battle, and Mobile Legends. Those are just some of the more than 1 GB sized applications/games. I really had a hard time letting go one of them so I've tried to delete some of my applications until I've noticed that my Facebook application is using a huge amount of my phone storage.


I've saw it last time that it was using 2.5 GB of my storage but it doesn't have a clear cache option in my iPhone's settings and I've searched for it and the search results were you need to uninstall and reinstall the Facebook app. But for me, it was very hassle especially when you are using mobile data. But, the good news is, I've already found a solution!

Whew! I'm sorry for the long introduction, here's how to clear your iPhone's Facebook app cache without uninstalling the app:

Step 1: Open your facebook application

Step 2: Click the 3-bars button in the lower right of your screen


Step 3: Click settings

Step 4: Click Account settings
Step 5: Click "Browser"


Step 6: Click "Clear Data"


And that's it! You'll notice that your Facebook app is now using a smaller size of storage unlike before!


If your Facebook app started to use huge amount of your storage space again, just clear it again using the steps I've told above. I think because the Facebook app is storing the Photos/Videos in our phone's cache for faster loading for your next time use and some of our friend's posts are available for viewing even we're on Offline mode.

Hope this post helps! :)

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top