SM City and Coffee Bean and Tea Leaf Dasmariñas Coffee Fest2016: Doodle/Paint on a Giant Cup of Coffee


Last September 2016, SM Supermall celebrated the Coffee Festival and held different events such as Coffee Art Exhibit/Display, Coffee Art Demo, and Doodle on a Cup. They partnered with Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf (CBTL) when the Doodle on a cup was held, and it was a giant cup of coffee. I'm one of the 10 coffee lover fans of CBTL who was given a chance to doodle or paint on that giant cup of coffee displayed at the center of the SM City Dasmariñas' event center.


Before we proceed to my giant cup art experience, let me tell you first how I've got into this point...
The Coffee Bean & Tea Leaf's instagram page (@cbtlph) posted a photo with instructions on how to join the event. The CBTL fans were required to submit their doodled cup of CBTL coffee and upload it on instagram.


And this is my entry...


It was 24th of September 2016 when the Doodle on a Cup was held. The briefing was scheduled to start at exactly 3:00 PM, and the doodle on the cup was scheduled to start at exactly 4:00 PM. It was already 3:30 PM when I've arrived the SM City Dasmariñas Event Area (Ground floor of the mall) and asked someone (staff from the coffee stand located at the event area) about the person who was told us to look for regarding the briefing. The girl didn't know him because she's a staff from another brand (I've just tried maybe she knew something about it.) So, I've decided to go to the CBTL Dasmariñas branch (2nd floor of the mall) and asked their crew about the briefing and the person I'm looking for but she told me that he must be at the event area of the mall where the giant cup of coffee was located. I've returned to the event area but still there's no one there for the doodle on a cup event. So, me and my friend decided to eat first at Zark's burger beside the event area.

The giant CBTL cup located at the event center

It was already 4:00 PM when I've noticed there's an event staff standing beside the giant cup and asked him about the event and the person I'm looking for and then he pointed me out to one of the staff from SM (I guess she is one of the events manager of SM City Dasma). We waited for several minutes for other coffee fans who won the Life with Coffee contest until there were four (4) of us already present in the event area. The staff from SM asked us if we have brought painting tools and paints with us, but we don't have one because we were not advised to bring one so they decided to buy the tools we need. We waited several minutes more.

While waiting for the other coffee lovers and the tools that we will use, me and the three (3) other artists had a chance to get to know each other. We've also planned what design/s we are going to do on the giant cup (since the scheduled briefing hasn't happened).

Our briefing. Hahaha!

Finally, when the painting tools arrived, we started doodling and painting on the giant CBTL cup. It was already 5:00 PM when we started to doodle on the cup and no other artist came. It's just the 4 of us who will be painting the giant cup so we've decided to just divide the giant cup into four (4) parts for each of us to design. We've used pencil first so we won't ruin the giant cup! :)


While we are working on our designs, there's someone from SM Dasmariñas announcing what we are doing and how we got a chance to doodle on this giant cup so many of the shoppers that day are going into the event center and watch us draw and paint! That just gave me chills and I can really feel the pressure inside me! For the record, this is my first time to doodle/paint in front of many people.

I feel like I am a professional artist! XD

At first, I'm so pressured about the design I'm going to draw. My mind was so blank at that moment but, I must not give up and must show them what I've got!


Little by little, ideas are coming into my head.



I'm almost done with my doodle!


It took me almost two (2) hours to finish my doodle. On my next design, I've planned to write the "Life with Coffee" quote and put floral wreath around it.


Of course, ladder is required at that point because the giant cup is twice my height! :D


It's already 8:30 PM when I've finished both the doodle and the calligraphy with floral wreath. It's kinda exhausting but I did enjoy this one of a kind experience!


Let's look closely to the designs I've made...


We haven't finished the whole giant cup because we don't have enough time, there's just four (4) of us (and the other one artist needed to leave early because she still have work to attend at 8:30 PM that day), and also, we are already exhausted and tired at 8:30 PM. We've designed almost 70% of the giant cup from 5:00 PM to 8:30 PM. It was 3 and a half hours straight of doodling and painting. Phew!

Here are the sides that my fellow artists have made...



We can say that this event was not properly planned, and the SM City Dasmariñas and CBTL were not well coordinated but the experience we had was awesome! It might not be as awesome as the "ART x MUSIC x THE COFFEE BEAN" giant cup installation event held last 5th of March 2016 at Bonifacio Global City but we still had fun even if it's just the four (4) of us artist done the doodle on the giant cup. Thanks also to our friends who supported us during the event and, of course, to all the shoppers at SM Dasmariñas, that day, who made us feel like a professional artists while they are watching and taking photos of us and the giant cup! <3

I'm looking forward for more events and experiences like this! <3

CONVERSATION

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Back
to top